TEC Communications is a locally owned and operated technology solutions company where we proudly offer “Industry Leading Products backed by World Class Customer Service”. We are currently seeking a Network Engineer to complement our Professional Services delivery team.
The Network Engineer assists with designs for infrastructure solutions to help meet business goals and industry standards. This position requires a strong understanding of network technology, hardware, software, and services to ensure proactive monitoring and maintenance of network environments. Some experience in designing networks and technologies using various telecommunication technologies, including but not limited to: Wireless, local area networks (LAN’s), wide area networks (WAN’s), and cloud voice. Defines and discerns aspects of a network problem and works to resolve them quickly. Primary contributor to network architecture design and engineering.
Essential functions of this role:
- Supporting small to large enterprise class, basic local area networks (LAN) and basic wide area networks (WAN).
- Support Cisco products including routers, switches, wireless/Meraki and other products is essential.
- Extremely detailed oriented and resourceful.
- Relevant experience using problem solving skills.
- Strong IT aptitude and proven successful accomplishments and achievements.
- Very career focused.
- Must work well in a team environment and strive for excellence in customer service.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Results driven with a ‘can-do’ attitude. Eagerness to learn and grow within the organization and enjoy a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to new responsibilities and contribute within the department as necessary.
- Shows up as eager, desiring to learn and highly competent.
- Must be able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Eager to learn new technologies.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communications
- Provide overflow support for end user issues during normal and after hours
- 1-3 years designing and maintaining networks with Cisco switches, routers and firewalls
- Strong passion for Cisco Networking.
- Must have CCNA, CCDA
- Cisco Voice experience preferred.
- Integration Services experience preferred.
- Must have basic understanding of Cisco and Meraki product line.
- Understanding of the OSI model
- Knowledge of Active directory, SNMP, DNS, DHCP and other administration and management protocols
- Understanding of Quality of Service (QOS)
- Computer savvy (MS Office, Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent walking, bending squatting, pushing, pulling.
- 15% – 20% travel
What we provide:
- Competitive wages commensurate with experience, auto and cell phone reimbursement
- Full benefits with employer contribution
- 401(K) plus company match
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
If you would like to be considered to join our team of dedicated professionals, please send your resume/cover letter in confidence to Recruiting@tec4it.com!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – MINORITIES / FEMALES /VETS/ DISABLED