About the Job
TEC Communications is a locally owned and operated technology solutions company where we deliver business results to transform business using Cisco products, delivered by our skilled engineers with first class customer service. We are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer to complement our Professional Services delivery team.
The Network Engineer designs, delivers and supports infrastructure solutions to help meet business goals and industry standards. This position requires a strong understanding of telecommunications and network technology, and cisco hardware and software to ensure deliver of solutions and maintenance of network environments. Solid leadership experience in designing and architecting networks using various communication technologies, including but not limited to: Firewalls and broadband solutions with VPN, VMware for UCS, End point security, and routing and switching. The network engineer defines and discerns key aspects of a problem and develops a solution within a broad technical and business context. Primary contributor to data network planning, network architecture design and engineering. Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution and assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
Essential functions of this role:
- Supporting small/medium to large enterprise class, complex local area networks (LAN), complex wide area networks (WAN), firewall security and IP VPN, and core Data Center networks.
- Support Cisco products including routers, firewalls, switches, and UCS is essential.
- Design and Deliver WAN, LAN, Security, Data Center (UCS) solutions for small/medium to large enterprise clients in accordance with the committed architecture design and associated statement of work.
- Support existing client WAN/LAN, security and UCS environments using various tools and work with appropriate carrier/vendor when required.
- Troubleshoot client networks – determine, recommend and plan actions to resolve issues; work with manufacturers when needed
- Provide technical leadership in all aspects of efficient network design and troubleshooting.
- Technical leader who can execute the strategies that will ensure the stability, security and integrity of customers data, voice networks
- Effective research and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Provide upper-tier and overflow support for end user issues during normal and after hours
- 5+ years designing and securing enterprise networks with Cisco switches, routers and firewalls
- Working knowledge of Virtual and Physical server configurations
- Knowledge of Active directory, SNMP, DNS, DHCP and other administration and management protocols
- VCP 5.0 or higher, CCNA/CCNP/CCDP
- Intermediate understanding of Quality of Service (QOS)
- Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP, Firewalls, and VPN
- Good understanding of Security End-Point protection software – (A/V)
- Understanding of Cisco Security End-Point protection – (AMP)
- Experience with Cisco Collaboration preferred
- Cisco UCS experience
- VMWare 5.x, vSphere 5.x, and ESXi/ESX troubleshooting
Nice to have:
- CISSP or equivalent certification
- 3-5 years of virtualized systems administration experience
- Experience with various OS versions (2003,2008, 2012), AD, DNS, and DHCP
- Experience with MS Exchange 2010 and Office 365
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
- Drug Free and Tobacco Free work place
- Frequent walking, bending squatting, pushing, pulling.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- 5% – 15% travel
What we provide:
- Competitive wages commensurate with experience, auto and cell phone reimbursement
- Health Insurance
- 401(K) plus company match
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
If you would like to be considered to join our team of dedicated professionals, please send your resume/cover letter in confidence to Recruiting@tec4it.com!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – MINORITIES / FEMALES /VETS/ DISABLED